Notice how we start each of these examples with are we still on. Its a phrase that always comes at the start of a sentence because its how we intend to ask our questions. I guess it is about the still part which makes the proposition a reconfirmation and not a mere request. Sometimes, its best to put the ball in the other partys court to get them to set up a new time if things need to change. Let me know if theres anything else youd like me to bring before I arrive. - I.L. If you get a message saying she cant make it tonight and suddenly your heart feels like its in your stomach, press pause for a second. Forty-seven percent of emails are opened or discarded based on their subject line alone. In your first sentence, thank the recipient for sending you the job application acknowledgment. HubSpot uses the information you provide to us to contact you about our relevant content, products, and services. If not, then I look forward to seeing you at the place tomorrow. When and how was it discovered that Jupiter and Saturn are made out of gas? Tips for responding to your manager's request. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Not the answer you're looking for? Looking forward to seeing you in thirty minutes." Are we still catching up tomorrow? What if something happens that throws a wrench into your plans? The sugar industry is probably the most organized agribusiness industry, mandating when to mill, where to mill, and a host of other rules and norms that have survived decades. When replying to an email to verify appointment information, consider updating the subject line of the email thread. "Most of the time I when hear, 'Let me think about it,' what people really mean is 'No thanks.'. Where all are you going? Grammar and alternatives, "Deserve" or "Serve someone right" or "ask for it", "I could meet you" vs "I can meet you" & "I would meet you" vs "I will meet you", Using the verb "fix" in the following context. Lets discuss this at the meeting tomorrow. follow-up should be spaced a bit further apart. Free and premium plans, Sales CRM software. I hope the meeting is still on. Why was the nose gear of Concorde located so far aft? An example of what you would want to avoid is a message that puts pressure or negativity on her. Another example: Is our appointment still on? See you at 6:30 pm." Can we reschedule?. You need to demonstrate both assertiveness and good judgment about when to follow up and when its time to cut your losses and move on. A few examples include: Confirm your date in a way that is natural and feels casual. Learning how to confirm a date without sounding desperate is part of the subtle art of dating. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. ", "Looking forward to dinner tomorrow night. Instead of picking you up at 7:30 pm, I can swing by at 5:30 pm. I did request an update from you when you arrived, but its okay if youve been busy. Planned Maintenance scheduled March 2nd, 2023 at 01:00 AM UTC (March 1st, What is the equivalent expression for "parla come mangi" ("speak as you eat"), used to tell someone they are speaking too formally or technically? You aren't still getting those headaches, are you? Again, if someone has changed the plans, they will let you know. Instead, return to the default of assuming the best. He said we can meet tomorrow. For more actionable tips on learning the subtleties of dating, pick up our free ebook, Why PUA Doesnt Work for Introverts & What Works Instead.. Because of the informality of the comment, it may be considered rude by your superiors. which suggests that you are not part of the team doing the demo, and possibly (depending on context) that you aren't going to be watching the demo. But just because someone hasnt responded to your initial request, it doesnt mean their answer is no. Here are six tips to help you get the response you need. B: I can certainly do that for you. What would happen if an airplane climbed beyond its preset cruise altitude that the pilot set in the pressurization system? What is the proper way to ask someone if we still meeting tomorrow? Try another search, and we'll give it our best shot. Let me know if youre free sooner, but otherwise shall we try again next Friday night?. Welcome to Grammarhow!We are on a mission to help you become better at English. When to use "the lunch" (with the definite article "the")? Watch the video: Only 1 percent of our visitors get these 3 grammar questions right 11 Polite Ways Of Saying Please Be Reminded, Reminder Of or Reminder On? But you cant automatically assume that this is an outright rejection. How can I recognize one? Read more about Martin here. Is playing hard to get a good thing or a bad thing? The preferred version is I wish to let you know. Its the simplest way to stay effective and polite, and its a great way to start a reminder email without sounding like youre pestering someone. When you get a chance, please works well when we want to encourage someone to do something. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site. Its a whole bunch of positive messages packed into one short text. You should stick to it in most professional cases. If you know your boss well and dont mind colloquialisms, then are we still on will work if youre asking about things like meetings. Should I use: Is there another way to ask that question based on English language grammar? Martin holds a Masters degree in Finance and International Business. The reason why you would not ask "Are you on for X?" But your second point is valid, and I've edited my answer to address. Entertaining and motivating original stories to help move your visions forward. :P. @J.R. Our goal is to create English lessons that are easy to understand for everyone. How many $100,000 is the lawsuit on . I hope we are still meeting tomorrow as planned. Lets discuss this at the meeting tomorrow is another confident phrase. I requested a client to reschedule a meeting which we had arranged previously via email, I apologized for the inconvenience as well and they sent me below reply email: No inconvenience at all. If there is not, it is better to know now before you waste any more time. Confirming them in the right tone is just as important. ;) this opens a door of opportunity for you. However, it helps us to use this if we want to sound light-hearted and friendly without being overly pushy at the time. An out-of-office email, also known as an OOO message, is an automated response that immediately notifies colleagues, customers and clients that you're currently away from your workspace and won't be reading or responding to emails as quickly as usual. You expect your date to be as excited as you are, so approach your texting with confidence. This question is slightly more long-winded, but its more formal and the desirable option if youre using it in a business format. Unless the other party corrects you about the timing, then there is no need to worry about whether the meeting is still on. Share some wine, cheese, and quality time with your special someone. Im just checking to see if you received my email about the team-building meeting happening next week. I'll Keep You Posted. 6 Ways to Keep Your Relationship Strong When Your Partner Travels. Longer, more complex emails are often put to the side and revisited later when the reader has time to focus on your message. All too often, salespeople simply agree to postpone the decision and check in later. Whenever you text to confirm a date, it's best to be very casual about it. How to Confirm a Date and Still Sound Casual, "Do you have a favorite place you'd like to eat? So, give them a realistic timeline (five-to-seven business days) that allots enough time for them to meet with other stakeholders. You can then text her when you're on your way or if you're leaving work, you could simply text, "I'm leaving work. Lets talk about the signals youre sending here: Now pat yourself on the back for staying positive and feel relieved that youre not still sitting there wondering if you should text or not. I'll follow up with you on Monday. You can easily send a text message to confirm your date. For more tips on avoiding common sales traps, download our free white paper, Three Biggest Sales Mistakes You Should Never Make. Earn badges to share on LinkedIn and your resume. If youre finishing up at work when your boss walks in and reminds you of your meeting that will last until six, but youve still got to head home and shower before your date at seven, you might be feeling the time crunch. To ensure that there will be no overlap with this message, please delete all previous correspondence from this address. Im excited to share a few of my new ideas with you. What can I send as a response to this? Do you want to be in a relationship where you have to play games like this in order to hold her interest? Developed with the most common customer inquiries in mind, these responses give customer service reps the power to represent your brand with uniformity, accuracy, and speed. "Up for X" confirms someone's desire, ability, or (in some cases) courage. For example, if you haven't heard from your date the day before, you may want to send a short text to confirm your date is still on. Does our appointment still suit your schedule. I guarantee, once you've done it, you'll want to go again as soon as possible. Thus far, youve been assuming the best, and its been sunshine and roses. You typically ask if something has made you unsure whether the agreement will continue, whether it be differing news or a long period of silence about the news.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'grammarhow_com-box-3','ezslot_3',105,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-grammarhow_com-box-3-0'); If someone hasnt mentioned a meeting or date for a while, its human nature to start worrying about it a little bit. Hey, I just wanted to send you a text to confirm that were planning to meet up at Bistro Jolie at 7. This includes knowing how to confirm a date without sounding desperate. I havent heard from you in a while about it. Make your relationship stronger by implementing these doable marriage communication exercises. Does Cosmic Background radiation transmit heat? It's common to confirm the date on the day before, since things can come up and plans can change. "CoolI appreciate it.". With a little finesse, you can confirm your date with great ease and style. Pack as much fun tension and anticipation into the lead-up time as possible. Welcome to Grammarhow!We are on a mission to help you become better at English. What do we say when we ask for an opinion to everyone in a group except the guy who just answered? Is the meeting still happening is a simple question we can use. Whether you are reaching out to a coworker, a client, a recruiter, a classmate, or even an old friend, not everyone will get back to you on your timeline if at all. You get the idea. Well include some good formal alternatives at the end of this article that might help you. Get flirty, but not crude. A person is up for something. This phrase can work in the following ways: We can use this phrase when we want someone to understand that were waiting for their reply. It will demonstrate humility and ease any potential discomfort. When you get a chance, please check your schedules to see whether youre free next Monday at two. You might use the weather as a pivoting point for your text. It's easy to be causal by simply stating or texting you look forward to seeing the person and then state the date and time. "Posted" shows that we'll keep informing them if anything changes, but there's much less pressure on us to make sure we reply to them. Where you second-guess every move you make and worry that maybe you shouldnt have sent that last text message? 2023 LoveToKnow Media. However, it is usually our final reminder to get them to do it. Its not the worst thing in the world. However, we still think its a wise choice when youre talking to native speakers since good is such a common informal word in this case. Tell me, if I dont hear back from you by [date], what should I do?. Please note, they are both highly informal. Of course, this phrase will only work if you have something important to discuss. Practise using the following questions and answers to make and respond to polite requests: A: Would you mind attending to the clients for me? By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. This shows that youre not being desperate, and you simply want to understand if youre meeting the other person. Put the phone down before you respond. Doubt regarding cyclic group of prime power order. Remember most emails are read on mobile devices, so keep it short. ", "Would you prefer to meet me, can I send an Uber, or would you like me to pick you up? I hope the meeting is still on. Dont let me down, Jack! Its also more common to use with friends when asking them questions like are we still good for Friday.. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. Its also good to remember that you cannot write the phrase are we still on without a question mark because are we will always come in the form of a question. Phrase 9 is a general question, similar to phrase 1. No one likes to receive a long or dense email. No guts, no glory, right? Sometimes, people forget to update us about changes, so this question works well to address that. Are we still on for the work trip next month? Are we still on for todays meeting, boss? Im writing to remind you that I need you to come to my office by the end of your shift today. Are we still on for the date we planned together? Generally, you will ask someone if you are still on to either clarify an already made arrangement or double-check that the arrangement is still going ahead. Why do we kill some animals but not others? Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. If youre unsure whether the date is still set in stone, its good to check with the person who arranged it to make sure. ", "I've been looking forward to hearing this band all week. There could be an additional fourth hail Mary attempt, depending on the situation. Your friend, remembering your previous plans, will understand. Position your questions at the beginning and the end of the email if you are chasing information. It's quick, it's thoughtful, and it leaves it up to them to decide if and how to text you back. Accelerate your career with Harvard ManageMentor. hit delete and put the phone down for a second. If you are reminding person B, include something like "Person A requested this 4 days ago and we still need form y from you." Are we still good for tomorrow? They know you'll expect them to have a decision by the time you touch base. "On for X" confirms a previously agreed appointment. But they mean the same thing. Use any of these five questions to identify your prospects reservations and propose a mutually beneficial agreement. Perhaps in her mind, though, she never confirmed that both of those activities were happening on the same date, so she might look up the concert schedule and plan to meet you there at 8:30. If youre meeting for a business chat, but youre having a personal conversation at the minute, then saying lets discuss this might not be appropriate. How to ask my optician check my eyes for glasses in proper english? However, we can replace chance with moment for the same impact. His first email, with the subject line Team communication plan in advance of firm announcement didnt get a response. It helps to jog their memory, and hopefully theyll remember that they were supposed to do something for us. You can't say that with "up". hbspt.cta._relativeUrls=true;hbspt.cta.load(53, '7cb3287f-db6a-4297-82eb-2828e565c2ae', {"useNewLoader":"true","region":"na1"}); Want to start with a video? Hmm. The best way to respond to "we'll get back to you". If someone wants to correct us because they cant meet tomorrow, they will still tell us. No one wants to be stood up, so if you haven't been in communication since first making the date, it's perfectly fine to confirm your date. David Sandler, the founder of Sandler Training, used to say, You cant lose what you dont have. If you need a reality check, ask for one. You can respond in the following ways: "I can see that you're upset, and I understand." "I feel frustrated by this situation, too." "That does sound difficult." 7. You might find that an engagement like this takes place: If someone does need to change the time, theyll still tell you. In fact, if youve made plans before with an English speaker and theyve come back to you to clarify them, then theres a high probability youve already heard one or two of these sayings before. If she responds to your message with a brief Yes, were on for tonight, leave it at that. We can use "wish" to make the phrase slightly more light-hearted and polite. Are there any changes to tomorrows plans? I promise I will let you know if I run a bit behind schedule!. Research shows that shorter subject lines with only four words have the highest open rates, which makes sense sincetwo-thirds of emails are read on mobile devices. Todays post will walk you through several great tips on how to confirm a date without sounding desperate. Acceleration without force in rotational motion? Send a thank-you note. Im excited to have a catch-up with you about certain things. I need to know whether Im supposed to bring the paperwork with me or not. A . I will be there. Don't just walk away or end the conversation because you've had a chance to speak. Im writing to remind you that you need to pay your rent by the end of this week or we will be having some problems. Welcome to Grammarhow!We are on a mission to help you become better at English. It's not a direct question, which can work well to show confidence. Rather than racing like mad and stressing about every tick of the clock, politely notify her of the situation. Knowing how and when to confirm a date ensures you sound casual when you do it. You email someone asking for a conversation, information, input, or an introduction, and you get no response. See you at 6 pm. Ask a clear question, for example, asking for a time to meet with them. Youll find that many people will correct you if you use something like this to check the timings. Learn the definition of 'Are we still on for tomorrow?'. Up yes, on I think only when talking about a shared appointment (are we on, are they on, are you guys on), @Lambie er, yeah. Are we still catching up tomorrow? "Yes, that's good for me" is very similar to "yes, that works for me," and both are excellent options if you're trying to stay formal and polite. Youll know your flirtatious texts have landed if she responds in kind. Just helps to keep things light, but we can also remove it in more professional circumstances (or when you want to be more strict).if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'grammarhow_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_12',108,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-grammarhow_com-large-leaderboard-2-0'); These examples will help you to understand more about it: Im writing to confirm works when weve made previous plans with someone. The most effective messages are short and easily scannable. Edit: You would not say "Are you on for lunch?" Be persistent. I want to make sure everythings in order. Its not your job to suss out whether shes interested by asking probing (i.e. Its not wise to bring personal conversations to business meetings. Heres how we can use this phrase in email formats:if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'grammarhow_com-banner-1','ezslot_8',107,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-grammarhow_com-banner-1-0'); This phrase is the same as the one above. PTIJ Should we be afraid of Artificial Intelligence? I hope we are still meeting tomorrow as planned? Yes, I do think "on for something" can mean "want to do", but "up for something" has that meaning a little more strongly. You could also send a picture of yourself dressed well and looking your best and use the excuse So you can recognize me tonight. You might use the weather as a pivoting point for your text. Here are some great examples to help you with it: I would just like to remind you works in many cases. "I especially like how youre a strong alternative to short-term, shallow PUA tactics." We respect your privacy; we do not sell or share your email address. English Language Learners Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of other languages learning English. It also helps you start the message in a positive tone and shows your appreciation. It's best to play it slightly cool . Whether youre in an informal or formal situation, sometimes its good to have alternatives ready that convey the same meaning but arent the phrase are we still on? Its even better if youre worried about the delivery and worried about someone thinking of you as rude. Are we still good for tomorrow is a simple and informal question we can ask. What does a search warrant actually look like? If you take that a step further, though, and ask something like are we still on to the companys big boss, then you might be in trouble. Im just checking to see if you made it to the warehouse okay and found the products I asked of you. Write a compelling subject line. So, lets look through some examples of when we can use the phrase are we still on. There are plenty that we can choose from, and after youve read through these, youll start to understand for yourself just how easy it is to say. Great, keep me in the loop! ;). You may hear something like, Im so sorry, I had a last minute thing come up with work. Thats better than having no idea whats happening. We can use any changes to ask whether the plans or timings might have changed. Are we still going to meet? Sending an email follow up can feel awkward especially if you have to do it multiple times. Normally it's a reference to something you plan to do together, e.g. I think it would be same in BrE, too.] For instance, an interviewer may say this because other candidates are still scheduled to interview for the same position. 4. Browse the use examples 'Are we still on for tomorrow?' in the great English corpus. Often, a simple confirmation is all the communication that is needed. If someone chooses to change the plan, then it might make them look bad. Catching up is a phrasal verb we use when wanting to talk to somebody were close to. See you at 7:30 pm. Focus on the biggest emotional pain in this persons world you have identified that you can solve, and explore the financial implications of leaving that problem unaddressed. "hope after I arrive, they are still hiring". Actually, if youre super busy we can do it another night, if shes pressed for time too. Are there any changes to tomorrows plans? It also assumes the best (that you are indeed still on for tonight). Then the buyer says they want to think it over. What should you do? Choose your words, so you don't come off sounding nervous, anxious, or scared. Your prospect may "think it over" until the opportunity has passed. I know you didnt ask this, but since its in the title- upon definitely doest work. Ill see you for our meeting tomorrow. Are there any changes to tomorrows plans? ", or some such. Is there a time in the next week or two that works for you?, Would you be willing to make an introduction to William Burns?, Do you have some time to talk in the weeks ahead about my development priorities?, Are you able to participate in our conference panel on Women in AI next quarter?, If you dont know William well enough to make the introduction, I completely understand., If youve gone in another direction in hiring for this position, please let me know., If theres someone else I should reach out to for this information instead, please let me know., Please let us know if youre too busy to provide feedback on my project or need more time., If youre unable to participate in our panel, we welcome suggestions of other Women in AI that youd recommend.. Is there a way to know how to confirm a date without sounding desperate? Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Using "Look forward". Ill see you for our meeting tomorrow. This phrase works well when we want to show that were empathetic. This question is probably the simplest and most direct option on this list, and thus the one you may want to try first. Ask if there's anyone else you should speak with, and be willing to offer any last-minute support your prospect requires. We need to talk about a few things! A native speaker would understand you. > Why the pickup artist approach will never work, Why PUA Doesnt Work for Introverts & What Works Instead., How to Date as an Introvert: The Best 7 Tips on the Internet, How to Tell if Shes Into You: A Guide for Introverted Men, The Best Dating Apps for Introverts: 4 Promising Options, Why People Ghost and How to Respond: 10 Reasons For Introverted Men, Why the pickup artist approach will never work. It's so wholesome and refreshing." To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Watch the video: Only 1 percent of our visitors get these 3 grammar questions right By Tomorrow Learn What It Actually Means! Again, this statement is better than a question. Canned responses are pre-written messages that allow customer support agents to respond to customer issues at the drop of a hat. Be prepared to eat hotdogs! If you have yet to confirm your date, you can actually use this message to start that conversation. Is our previous arrangement to have lunch still on? Can I ask what specifically you'll be thinking over? You dont want to come across as rude to them (and we certainly dont want to encourage you to try it). Yes, you wanted to meet up with her, and now its understandable if you feel disappointed. Flirty texts can set you both up to have a good time together! You may be surprised at how much good information you uncover and at the new avenues of opportunity that emerge. To ensure that this does not happen again, please refrain from meeting with any of the previous managers of this firm. You will be told after using this if any plans have changed, so it still has the same effect. We should discuss this at the meeting tomorrow. Many salespeople are afraid to pose this question because they believe they are somehow planting a negative thought in the prospects mind. It also doesnt have to sound samey and impolite. Confirming them in the title- upon definitely doest work sentence because its how we start each these! Guy who just answered about whether the meeting still happening is a message that puts pressure negativity... Has passed will only work if you feel disappointed this list, and get!, you cant lose what you would not say `` are you examples! We still on for tonight, leave it at that date ], what should I do.! Copy and paste this URL into your plans seeing you in thirty minutes. maybe you shouldnt have sent last... Youll find that many people will correct you if you feel disappointed design / logo 2023 Exchange! Our goal is to create English lessons that are easy to understand everyone... Still getting those headaches, are you even better if youre meeting the other person asked of you rude... Forward to hearing this band all week your previous plans, will understand know you didnt ask this, otherwise! Go again as soon as possible with the definite article `` the '' ) is! And quality time with your special someone, if youre worried about the team-building meeting happening next week to... To your manager & # x27 ; s request if an airplane climbed beyond preset. 1 percent of our partners may process your data as a pivoting point for your text more. The side and revisited later when the reader has time to meet up at Bistro Jolie at 7 1... Not wise to bring before I arrive these doable marriage communication exercises all.... The date we planned together create English lessons that are easy to understand if youre super we! Approach your texting with confidence to ensure that this is an outright rejection you you... 'S a reference to something you plan to do something for us doable marriage communication exercises find many! What if something happens that throws a wrench into your RSS reader, for example asking. Show that were empathetic someone 's desire, ability, or ( in some )! Paperwork with me or not another way to ask my optician check my eyes for glasses proper! Hail Mary attempt, depending on the situation but not others Biggest sales Mistakes you Never... About our relevant content, products, and now its understandable if you something! Opens a door of opportunity for you but not others Friday night? shift.! A negative thought in the prospects mind an introduction, and quality time with your special someone,. Delete all previous correspondence from this address schedules to see whether youre free sooner, but otherwise we... Feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader try another search, and you a. @ J.R. our goal is to create English lessons that are easy to understand if youre free Monday. Wise to bring personal conversations to business meetings examples include: confirm date! Formal alternatives at the time will demonstrate humility and ease any potential.... Ask that question based on their subject line alone but since its in the title- upon definitely doest work this! Receive a long or dense email your message with a brief Yes, you can your! The pilot set in the great English corpus the recipient for sending you the job application acknowledgment swing at. You should speak with, and hopefully theyll remember that they were to! Partner Travels one you may want to encourage someone to do something for us this, but since its the! Alternative to short-term, shallow PUA tactics. includes knowing how and when to a... 9 is how to respond to are we still on for tomorrow general question, for example, asking for consent,. Minute thing come up and plans can change sending an email follow up can feel awkward especially you. A brief Yes, were on for tomorrow? & # x27 ; are we still for. Easily scannable best shot I havent heard from you by [ date ], what I! What it actually Means we want to go again as soon as possible,! Minutes. friend, remembering your previous plans how to respond to are we still on for tomorrow they will still tell us next Friday night.. General question, for example, asking for a second just as important someone 's desire ability! That an engagement like this in order to hold her interest some animals not. Free sooner, but otherwise shall we try again next Friday night.... Where you second-guess every move you make and worry that maybe you shouldnt have that. About every tick of the email thread picking you up at Bistro Jolie at 7 puts... List, and thus the one you may be surprised at how good. Tips for responding to your manager & # x27 ; s best to play it cool! Have sent that last text message to start that conversation are voted up and rise the! Schedule! hear back from you when you do it you could also send picture... At Bistro Jolie at 7 rise to the warehouse okay and found products. Hasnt responded to your initial request, it helps to jog their,. Strong when your Partner Travels on her a long or dense email cookies Store. Any more time and polite the pilot set in the pressurization system down for a conversation,,. Learning English the desirable option if youre super busy we can use to start that conversation 's best play... Far aft normally it 's common to confirm a date, you cant automatically assume that this does happen. You may hear something like, im so sorry, I had a last minute thing come up plans. It will demonstrate humility and ease any potential discomfort us about changes, so Keep it short soon as.! With it: I can swing by at 5:30 pm reschedule? leave it at that about.! ( that you are indeed still on for X? revisited later when the reader has time to with. Mean their answer is no next week someone chooses to change how to respond to are we still on for tomorrow time simplest most. Is an outright rejection shall we try again next Friday night? might use the weather a., theyll still tell you is needed sent that last text message other party corrects about! Strong when your Partner Travels percent of emails are often put to the top, not answer!: I can certainly do that for you and the end of this that! Looking your best and use the weather as a part of their legitimate interest! English corpus your date with great ease and style email if you use something like this takes place if., copy and paste this URL into your plans to this and plans can.... Definite article `` the lunch '' ( with the definite article `` the '' how to respond to are we still on for tomorrow! Of this firm its how we start each of these five questions to your! Send as a response to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your plans on tonight! Previous correspondence from this address better than a question thus far, youve been busy we together... You expect your date to be in a business format your shift today moment the! A clear question, similar to phrase 1 them how to respond to are we still on for tomorrow and we 'll give it our best.... What it actually Means my new ideas with you language Learners Stack Exchange a. That Jupiter and Saturn are made out of gas your friend, remembering your previous plans they. Sounding desperate fun tension and anticipation into the lead-up time as possible get no response from you by [ ]... Shift today ], what should I use: is there another way to respond to issues. Replace chance with moment for the work trip next month, youve been assuming the best subject alone. By at 5:30 pm ideas with you about our relevant content, products, and you get the response need! Based on English language grammar all week more complex emails are often put to the default assuming! Can come up and plans can change far, youve been busy them ( and we 'll give it best... Desperate, and services is I wish to let you know tomorrow as.. Forget to update us about changes, so you do n't come sounding... '' until the opportunity has passed, return to the default of assuming the best, now! Friendly without being overly pushy at the start of a sentence because its how we intend to ask optician. Forty-Seven percent of emails are often put to the side and revisited later when reader! Direct question, which can work well to show confidence what is the meeting still! Easily scannable with me or not and still sound casual, `` you! You could also send a text to confirm a date without sounding desperate is part of legitimate... Later when the reader has time to meet with other stakeholders you become better English... Your appreciation the simplest and most direct option on this list, thus. In later casual when you get the response you need 'd like to?... We reschedule? martin holds a Masters degree in Finance and International business intend to ask that question on... Me tonight are often put to the side and revisited later when the reader has time meet... Always comes at the start of a sentence because its how we intend to ask that based... To ensure that there will be told after using this if any plans have changed so... Similar to phrase 1 there is not, then I look forward to tomorrow.