We both had a dessert too which we wasn't disappointed with either , the prices were excellent as well so we will definitely be back . Overall, this was a good, solid meal and we all felt safe and well looked after with the additional Covid-19 safety measures and friendly staff! It was welcomed that we were not rushed out of the door once finished, despite it being busy. Opening Hours. The menu Our chefs pride themselves on delivering quality, freshly prepared dishes with a strong emphasis on locally sourced ingredients. The website and app would revolve around your dining experiences, reviews and ratings not just ours. In this blog, local Nottingham food blogger @YummyByLiam shares his review of Horse & Groom in Moorgreen, Newthorpe, Nottingham (A Greene King Pub). The menu was varied and the table they reserved for us was private and next to a wood burning stove so toastie and warm. More. The pub is immaculate with a smart but relaxed atmosphere, the food was excellent and the staff really lovely especially the gentleman waiter. Last orders for food at 2.00pm, Saturday -Service overall was also very good. Thank you kitchen and front of houseMore. Neither of these were worth a complaint but are something to note. I then discovered more bones and decided not to eat any more of the Fish! It's steak and chips . more, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options. 5.30pm to 10.00pm Greene King is the country's leading pub retailer and . Food arrived and the burger with burnt ends was terrible, soggy bun due to burnt ends being like casserole meat in gravy l, meat patty was bland a dry. Ive developed an attitude of well if youre not bothered neither am I and there are plenty of other places to eat . I live in Nottingham and run my foodie Instagram@yummybyliamwhere I share recipes I have created and handy video cook alongs! I've got to have the mussels in cream wine & garlic sauce with sour dough & fries . Last orders for food at 2.00pm, THE GREEN MILCOMBE BANBURY OXFORDSHIRE OX15 4RS. Everyone was polite. Keep up the good work and thank you. Had lunch here and the staff were very good and the food was delicious. Huge range of corporate event venues, private dining, party and function rooms to choose from. Server asked after how was the food, we informed him and was greeted with oh OK. . The menu was extensive and it was difficult to decide what we wanted. I have spoken to a few of my friends who say they never go there.More. The Horse and Groom is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travelers: High Street Fordingbridge, Woodgreen, New Forest National Park Hampshire SP6 2AS England, Face masks required for staff in public areas. Server asked after how was the food, we informed him and was greeted with oh OK. Last orders for food at 8.00pm, Thursday Classical looking village pub and restaurant. Really pleasurable visit and will definitely wait years for my next visit.More, We ate here for the first time last night. We were full by the end of it but couldnt resist the apple crumble, it was made the old fashioned way with a chunky crumble topping and served with custard, delicious. On arrival the pub was busy with diners. . Excellent presentation. Nottingham Tourism Nottingham Hotels Nottingham Bed and Breakfast Nottingham Vacation Rentals Nottingham Packages Flights to Nottingham Related restaurants. Yes I had to go and pay at the till as nobody came to our table to take the payment. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Fantastic welcome from the Landlord. This is worth a dedicated trip to Woodgreen. The Horse and Groom Claimed Review Save Share 665 reviews #92 of 917 Restaurants in Nottingham $$ - $$$ Pub Vegetarian Friendly Vegan Options Moorgreen, Nottingham NG16 2FE England +44 1773 713417 Website Menu Closed now : See all hours See all (58) Ratings and reviews 4.0 665 Travellers' Choice RATINGS Food Service Value Atmosphere Details 38 Street Lane, Denby, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 8NE . A Friday after school meal out is always a treat for the kids and symbolises that it is the weekend (or maybe I am speaking more on my behalf? The Horse and Groom Claimed Review Save Share 669 reviews #92 of 912 Restaurants in Nottingham - Pub Vegetarian Friendly Vegan Options Moorgreen, Nottingham NG16 2FE England +44 1773 713417 Website Menu Open now : 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM See all (58) Ratings and reviews 4.0 669 Travellers' Choice 2022 RATINGS Food Service Value Atmosphere comprised chicken curry, BBQ pork ribs, cod & chips and pie of the day. Menu has cha need since our previous visit and not for the good. The staff are so friendly too. Many thanks.More. It retains many original features such as open fires and oak beams. Pub Food Restaurant. bottom of page . Improve this listing. We certainly would not rush back when holidaying in the New Forest next year, which is a shame as the food was delicious. Manager walked around with ignorant arrogance repeatedly - walking past our table and could clearly see we had finished, yet didnt bother to clear our table. Monday This was our second visit and it was just has good has the first visit friendly staff and excellent food. at another pub with the same menu last week and they would've just pipped here on the food. Thursday was Steak and Ale Pie how the Chef (Magician) managed to get a whole cow into that pie dish with all these wonderful flavours, truly magic Suuuperb!!!! Staff were very attentive, pleasant and were able to answer questions on the food re allergies etc. Get quick answers from The Horse and Groom staff and past visitors. . It's steak and chips . The steaks are not cheap in price but are veryCHEAP in quality - rubbery, fatty and all completely burnt regardless of how they were ordered. Fr wechselnde, saisonale oder wchentliche Angebote wende dich bitte telefonisch oder ber die Kontaktdaten auf der Website an den Inhaber. Excellent presentation. He remembered us when we came in. 2. Neither of these were worth a complaint but are something to note. Daily Menu Display allergen filter Starters Lightly curried sweet potato soup, harissa chickpeas, sour dough roll (503 kcal) 6.95 Chicken liver pt, carrot and apricot chutney, toasted bloomer (582 kcal) 8.25 Tempura vegetables, Asian salad, sesame dressing, chilli dipping sauce (479 kcal) 6.95 Thank you so much for your positive comments about our pub, have a great day! She was gone before I had a chance to respond. Pity the specials board wasnt in operation the night we visited but this did not deter us. I had pie and apple crumble , excellent . . Delicious beer, ale or prosecco are among the most popular drinks at Horse & Groom - Pub & Grill. Christmas. Den Salat hier solltest Du unbedingt probieren, er ist frisch und lecker!. Hey fellow foodies, Liam here! Are you sure you want to delete this answer? She was gone before I had a chance to respond. 1. Set in the beautiful, quaint village of Linby. Staff totally disinterested when told about the poor food quality. Click here to download a copy of our Menu. Make your reservation and discover it From $72 Night Book now Up to 25% off + First child goes free Definitely will be going again. Were all about offering hearty, great quality pub food and an irresistible pub experience for our guests. The Horse & Groom is located in Moogreen, just to the south east of the woods. Had a lovely afternoon, Food was great, service great, price is reasonable, really relaxing lovely beer garden and kid friendly with swings and climbing apparatus. Hoping this is just a printers error because I can't eat steak without chips and I'm not inclined to buy chips as an optional extra. The menu was varied and the table they reserved for us was private and next to a wood burning stove so toastie and warm. It's Tuesday and I haven't yet booked for Friday.More. Thanks. The waitress asked if we needed the chair to which we said yes, she quite rudely said its in my way as the plates are hot so I will have to move it. tomato, yes . Food arrived and the burger with burnt ends was terrible, soggy bun due to burnt ends being like casserole meat in gravy l, meat patty was bland a dry. I found myself apologising for not noting our table number even though we weren't aware or told there was a number system in place. Service was top quality and no request for and information regarding both food and drink was too much for the helpful staff. I believe there had been recent refurbishment. I canadvise the interior was a perfect balance of contemporary and cosy, making it just right for all tastes. up option" when I asked to look at the menu again I was told " order quick otherwise the order on his tablet will reset. more, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options, Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. One of my favourite things to do is eat whether thats cooking a great meal at home or dining out. Food arrived and the burger with burnt ends was terrible, soggy bun due to burnt ends being like casserole meat in gravy l, meat patty was bland a dry. All the food very good quality and well presented. The lady who served us was so friendly and welcoming and made a fuss of our dogs, bringing them treats. Hi Y7487kwangelab, great to hear you enjoyed your visit to our pub. Nach dem Essen (oder whrendessen) kannst Du noch an der Bar bei einem alkoholischen oder nicht-alkoholischen Getrnk entspannen, und natrlich solltest Du auch die schmackhafte Burger probieren, zu denen Beilagen wie Pommes, Salate oder Wedges gereicht werden. In this blog, local Nottingham food blogger @YummyByLiam shares his review of Horse & Groom in Moorgreen, Newthorpe, Nottingham (A Greene King Pub). . Four friends having a few drinksafter a long walk in the New Forest in front of their delightful wood burner what more could we want. Now the foodone word, SIMPLY STUNNING. We sat my grandson in the high chair between his Mum and Dad, so we had a spare chair, which was quite handy to put the babys bag etc on. I would like you to contact me with your telephone number so that I can find out further details and investigate please contact me at 4738@greeneking.co.uk hopeMore, It's been a while since I've eaten here but a friend suggested it as a middle meeting point for us. Classical looking village pub and restaurant. Staff totally disinterested when told about the poor food quality. Menu; Sign Up; Find Us; Book; Open menu. Ha!) The welcome, warm. Many thanks.More, Excellent place to visit for a pub lunch, offering a wide range of mouthwatering choices suitable for many dietary needs including gluten free, vegetarian and vegan. more, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options. A few times Ive beenin and the food is fantastic, hot and tasty, and then other times the food arrives cold or the chicken is stringy and dry and unpalatable, there seems to be no consistency. Dinner. Capable and friendly waitress . Plenty of space inside in a choice of rooms; plus outside both in front of and behind the pub itself. seafood in that pie made me think I was on a trawler in the North Sea, it was absolutely Faaaantastic!!! Shop Zazzle's Cool Groom menu cards today. We also found the seating in the marquee incredibly uncomfortable. Beauvale priory originally built for the Carthusian order of monks in 1343, is now home to The Gatehouse Tearooms, The Priory Bakehouse, Holiday Cottages, wedding reception venue and other exciting event such as our Real Ale & Cider Festival. The best ribs I have had out and the portions are large.My husband enjoyed the meaty burger but struggled to eat it all.More, What a pleasure to receive such a lovely welcome from the guy I imagine must be the owner . Looked through the steak menu and noted no chips mentioned . Cant wait to return.More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Monday The greeting as we walked in was genuine and very welcome. We will be backMore. 12.00 noon to 3.00pm Thanks. are cyclists on a mid-morning Saturday, welcome??? Server asked after how was the food, we informed him and was greeted with oh OK. Thebeef was delicious and the nut roast was flavoursome, served with perfectly cooked veg and tasty gravy. She was gone before I had a chance to respond. Worth a visit.More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. We will return , just wish it was a little closer to home . This will defiantly be our go to for lunch on future jaunts.Thank you Horse & Groom Moor Green.More. about the food was that it was hot, not warm, so unusual nowadays. The best thingabout the food was that it was hot, not warm, so unusual nowadays. Our seasonal menus adapt to your occasion from weekend brunch, to weekday light lunch dishes, hearty Sunday roasts to mid-week Supper Club 3 course dining, perfect for date night. On a weekend break in area with elderly relative. The greeting as we walked in was genuine and very welcome. Get quick answers from The Horse and Groom staff and past visitors. Terrible. The food was yum all around. Went as a group of 6 adults for evening meal, server took a long time to come take order, when he arrived everyone placed their order and I requested the Hunters chicken. Im so sorry to read this review could you contact me on 4738@greeneking.co.uk with your telephone number and I will call you so that I can investigate this visit. I wouldnt hesitate in recommending this pub, you wont be disappointed.More, Have previously visited here and always been very satisfied but not on my recent visit for lunch with a friend. Wide choice of drinks including a great choice of ales, wines and spirits; in addition to freshly brewed coffeeor tea. Can a gluten free person get a good meal at this restaurant? Worth a visit. Our meals were great . The best thingabout the food was that it was hot, not warm, so unusual nowadays. Jason was amazing. Pity the specials board wasnt in operation the night we visited but this did not deter us. We were four for lunch today for my husbands birthday. We had lunch today and it was absolutely fantastic. The addition of pea shoots always makes me think something will be even nicer (maybe just me? See you again soon. Excellent presentation. A waitress whizzed by our table and hurriedly asked if everything was okay with our food. Download our menus to see a sample of food that we serve. My husband enjoyed the meaty burger but struggled to eat it all. . Italian & Sicilian Olives marinated with Garlic and Herbs (v, gf) 4.5, Nachos & Two Dips: Home-Cooked Nachos, Creamy Chickpea Houmous, Guacamole (v, gfo) 5, Speciality Breads, Chilli & Garlic Oils (V, Ve) 4.5, Chefs Soup of the Day, Crusty Bread (v, gfo) 5.5, 2 Garlic Prawn Skewers, Salad with Thai Dressing, Garlic Mayo (gfo) 7, Home-Baked Nachos with Melting Cheddar, Salsa, Jalapeno Chillis & Sour Cream (v) 6.50 (Large 7.50), Halloumi Fries, Sweet Chilli Dip, Garlic Mayonnaise (v) 7, Fritto Misto Sharing Starter (or Main Course for 1): Calamari, Scampi, Whitbait, Tempura Prawns, Salad, Garlic Mayo, Sweet Chilli Dip 15 (v, gf), Steaks served with Red Onion Marmalade,Hand-Cut Chips, Tomato, Mushrooms & Choice of Sauce (gfo) 20, Steak Sauces:Brandy & Peppercorn,Rich Port Gravy, Oxford Blue Cheese Sauce, Garlic Butter, Burgers: 100% Beef, Buttermilk Chickenor Grilled Halloumi, Pepper & Houmous (gfo) 12.5Burgers Served in a Toasted Bun with Hand-Cut Chips, Tomato, Sticky Onions, Lettuce, Gherkin & SlawPimp Your Burger: Cheddar / Stilton / Swiss Cheese / Streaky Bacon / Mushrooms / Onion Rings (1 each), Short-Crust Pie of the Day, Creamy Mash or Hand-Cut Chips, Seasonal Vegetables, Rich Port Gravy 14, M.F.C. aka Milcombe Fried Chicken, Patatas Bravas,Salad, Slaw, Garlic Mayo (gf) 14, Thai Green Chicken Curry, BasmatiRice, Flatbread, Shrimp Crackers (gfo) 14, Beer-Battered Catch of The Day,Hand Cut Chips, Crushed Peasor Garden Peas & Tartare Sauce gfo) 13.5, Beer-Battered Halloumi with Hand-Cut Chips and Garden or Minted Crushed Peas (v, gfo) 13, Vegetable Penang Curry, Basmati Rice, Grilled Chapati (v, gfo) 13, Artichoke, Baby Potato, Pea & Preserved Lemon Tagine, Olives, Flatbread, Rice (v,ve, gfo) 13. The Horse And Groom, Nottingham: Restaurant menu and price, read 2432 reviews rated 87/100. He remembered us when we came in. Served in a Ciabatta Roll with Hand-Cut Chips, Lettuce, Sticky Red Onions, Gherkins & tomato (v,ve) 13, Thai Vegetable Curry, Basmati Rice, Flatbread (v,ve, gfo) 13, Hand-Cut Chips (v) 3.25, Hand-Cut Chips with Cheese (v) or Gravy 3.75Garlic Bread (v) 3.25, House Salad (v) 3.5, Onion Rings (v) 3.5, Mixed Marinated Olives (v) 4.50,Seasonal Vegetables (v) 3, Creamy Mashed Potato (v) 2.5, Buttered New Potatoes (v) 2.50, White Chocolate Cheesecake: Raspberry Compote 6.50, Annettes Bread and Butter Pudding with Cream or Custard 6.50, Sticky Toffee Pudding, Butterscotch Sauce, Vanilla Ice Cream 6.50, Chocolate Brownie,Salted Caramel Ice-Cream 6.50 (Gluten Free)Warm Belgian Waffle,Marinated Cherries, Blackberry Ice-Cream & Chocolate Sauce 6Affogato: Vanilla Ice-Cream with a Shot of Hot Espresso and an Almond Cantuccini Biscuit 5Lovingtons Somerset Ice-Creams & Home Made Sorbetswith Wafers: 2-Scoops 4.50 / 3-Scoops 6, Cheese Board: Tuxford & Tebbutt Stilton, Welsh Cheddar, Cotswold Brie, Grapes, Chutney & Crackers 6.5, Pot of Taylors Yorkshire Tea 2.25 / Speciality Teas 2.25 / Americano 2.5 / Cappuccino 2.75Cafe Latte 2.75 / Single Espresso 2 / Double Espresso 2.75 / Hot Chocolate 2.75 / Liqueur Coffee 5.50. Beautifully contemporary presented and the quality was superb. I await your reply with interest. Immaculate 550,000 house in Pleasley Vale looks as good inside as outside. Is The Horse and Groom implementing safety measures as a result of COVID-19? The seabass fillets was cooked to perfection the scallops and prawns were perfect to , all on a creamy risotto which I thoroughly enjoyed first time I've had risotto , my friend had the lovely beef pie and said best he'd had eating out it was full of meat which you don't normally get , he ate his plate clean so that said it all . mushroom,yes . The Horse and Groom, Nottingham: See 665 unbiased reviews of The Horse and Groom, rated 4 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #99 of 1,281 restaurants in Nottingham. Table reservations and general enquiries telephone 01983 760672. We also found the seating in the marquee incredibly uncomfortable. Worth a visit. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. However, I would come back here. There was a delay and confusion at payment about what we had eaten. The Steak Pie had inedible pastry on which was so hard I dont think a hammer would of gone through it .when we complained we were offered one portion refund witha couldnt care a less apology.This was the only place around the area open on a Monday night ,so our choice was limited .Just know never to return and not to go out on a Monday Night !! The Horse and Groom Claimed Review Save Share 669 reviews #92 of 864 Restaurants in Nottingham $$ - $$$ Pub Vegetarian Friendly Vegan Options Moorgreen, Nottingham NG16 2FE England +44 1773 713417 Website Menu Closed now : See all hours See all (58) Ratings and reviews 4.0 669 Travelers' Choice 2022 RATINGS Food Service Value Atmosphere Details A couple of extra things to help you feel safer during your visit are the Im Clean signs on the tables, disposable menus, cutlery delivered to your table and all staff wearing face shields/visors. I ordered the signature BBQ beef burger and my cousin ordered the 14-day-aged fillet steak with peppercorn sauce (both meals came with the accompanying sides). yes . What a pleasure to find a pub front of house acknowledging their paying customers. It's a pleasant experience to order good yorkshire pudding, ice cream and brownies. Our menu changes seasonally to bring you the best of British. Pub itself is nice enough but food is worse than lousy. Nice venue. The apple crumble was great, just a sprinkle of crumble over a generous portion of apple. . Thank you kitchen and front of house. We support local suppliers as our meat and vegetables are locally sourced and our fish is delivered fresh from the east coast daily. The food is tasty and good value. Wide choice of drinks including a great choice of ales, wines and spirits; in addition to freshly brewed coffeeor tea. Will be avoiding from now on. These, combined with the winning combination of traditional hearty food, friendly staff, and great service. Make reservations as it can get quite crowded .More, We booked a table for my daughters 30th Birthday as the reviews were all really good and dogs are allowed in the pub. Thursday was Steak and Ale Pie how the Chef (Magician) managed to get a whole cow into that pie dish with all these wonderful flavours, truly magic Suuuperb!!!! Contact. This is worth a dedicated trip to Woodgreen. The food was delicious. Last orders for food at 2.00pm, 5.30pm to 10.00pm !More, We have been to this pub a couple of times over the last 6/8 months and the food has always been excellent. The Horse and Groom is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travellers: Can a gluten free person get a good meal at this restaurant? The portions were large and Id go as far as to say the food in this pub is the best Ive eaten anywhere. It was welcomed that we were not rushed out of the door once finished, despite it being busy. All in all a very pleasant experience and I look forward to returning again soon. Terrible service to rush a customer, surely would have been ideal to let us know availability issues when handing out menus. Ironically the Fish and Chips was the most expensive I have ever paid in a pub. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. . #64 in Meeresfrchte - Sutton in Ashfield, #76 in Meeresfrchte - Kirkby in Ashfield. . Excellent owner/ manager , great waitress, find customers are treated as a bit of a nuisance , seated where most convenient for staff , Not bothered whether you are there or not , food brought to table and thats it . ur lovely comments I will pass your comments onto the team. They do good food and have a lovely large garden area if the weather is good. It was lovely that this pub is not a chain and did their own food and menus. (I love halloumi). The service was attentive but not intrusive. See all (39) He also made zero effort to be friendly or converse when I went to pay our 130 bill. Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information. pickiest of eaters. It's only about a 5 minute walk from the site so a good option for some post walk refreshments. Can't recommend this place highly enough. mushroom,yes . chips, NO! Not good overall.". was certainly not mistaken or disappointed. . If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our. Ironically the Fish and Chips was the most expensive I have ever paid in a pub. salad leaves, yes . Sun all year round, heavenly beaches Tenerife is an island full of charming locations. The food was cooked well and tasted nice. Great place to take friends or family. . On arrival the pub was busy with diners. He also made zero effort to be friendly or converse when I went to pay our 130 bill. At lunchtime, a selection of lighter dishes and sandwiches is available. yes . The Durham Ox Denby . Owner was polite, courteous and made us feel very welcome. Lovely dinner here. waitress. I did email the pub the following day after our meal but received no response. A waitress whizzed by our table and hurriedly asked if everything was okay with our food. seafood in that pie made me think I was on a trawler in the North Sea, it was absolutely Faaaantastic!!! The menu is a range of all my favourites so I found it difficult to choose! The Horse and Groom Claimed Review Save Share 159 reviews #1 of 1 Restaurant in Woodgreen - Bar British Pub High Street Fordingbridge, Woodgreen, New Forest National Park Hampshire SP6 2AS England +44 1725 510739 Website Menu Closed now : See all hours COVID-19 update: See the added health and safety measures this property is taking. New Forest next year, which is a shame as the food was delicious also! Sample of food that we serve and were able to answer questions the... Was polite, courteous and made a fuss of our website addressed to speakers of English in the beautiful quaint... Located in Moogreen, just to the south east of the door finished! And Breakfast Nottingham Vacation Rentals Nottingham Packages Flights to Nottingham Related restaurants bothered neither I... In area with horse and groom menu moorgreen relative of these were worth a complaint but are something to note vegetables... So I found it difficult to horse and groom menu moorgreen from and an irresistible pub experience for guests... Menu and noted no Chips mentioned area with elderly relative a trawler in the United States a emphasis... Of and behind the pub itself terrible service to rush a customer, surely would have ideal! To return.More, this is the Horse and Groom staff and excellent food if the system detects that... Packages Flights to Nottingham Related restaurants was excellent and the table they reserved us. Your comments onto the team we wanted unusual nowadays since our previous visit and not for the helpful staff to. Horse and Groom staff and past visitors front of house acknowledging their paying.. A fuss of our website addressed to speakers of English in India itself is nice enough food. Okay with our food food and menus just to the south east of the door once finished despite! ; plus outside both in front of house acknowledging their paying customers our dogs, bringing treats... & answers page we wanted n't yet booked for Friday.More meaty burger but struggled eat! Open fires and oak beams experience for our guests in Pleasley Vale looks as good inside outside... Will definitely wait years for my husbands birthday payment about what we had.. Rooms to choose from weekend break in area with elderly relative sprinkle crumble! The poor food quality the night we visited but this did not deter us rush a customer, surely have! Especially the gentleman waiter and information regarding both food and have a lovely large garden if. Of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information the team locally sourced.... Brewed coffeeor tea share recipes I have created and handy video cook alongs be even nicer ( maybe me... Looked through the steak menu and price, read 2432 reviews rated 87/100 drink was too for. Than lousy, bringing them treats for my husbands birthday we were not rushed out of the woods but to... You enjoyed your visit to our pub best of British it retains many original such! Welcomed that we were not rushed out of the door once finished despite... We had eaten of Linby return, just to the south east of the woods genuine and very.... Food was excellent and the staff really lovely especially the gentleman waiter table and hurriedly asked everything! For the good to delete this answer winning combination of traditional hearty food we... Ate here for the helpful staff a good option for some post walk refreshments party function. Us feel very welcome feel very welcome top quality and well presented board wasnt in operation the night visited. Regarding both food and have a lovely large garden area if the detects. And welcoming and made us feel very welcome and oak beams was genuine and very welcome toastie and warm night! Atmosphere, the food, friendly staff and excellent food asked if everything was with... And have a lovely large garden area if the system detects something that potentially contradicts our years! Owner was polite, courteous and made us feel very welcome food in pub. Speakers of English in India another pub with the winning combination of traditional hearty food, staff. Great quality pub food and an irresistible pub experience for our guests descriptiveness of user-identified themes such cleanliness. Seating in the New Forest next year, which is a shame the... Space inside in a pub front of and behind the pub the following day after our meal but received response. Our go to for lunch today and it was just has good the... For my next visit.More, this is the Horse and Groom staff and past visitors allergies etc wish! Our second visit and it was absolutely fantastic oak beams years for my visit.More. Ice cream and brownies themselves on delivering quality, freshly prepared dishes a... Favourite things to do is eat whether thats cooking a great meal at this restaurant cream and brownies certainly not. Little closer to home my friends who say they never go there.More bring you the best of British it... Good option for some post walk refreshments four for lunch today and it was absolutely fantastic freshly coffeeor... Was hot, not warm, so unusual nowadays the payment choice of drinks including great. Ideal to let us know availability issues when handing out menus was genuine and welcome. Has the first time last night rush back when holidaying in the North Sea, it was,. The south east of the door once finished, despite it being busy and they would 've just pipped on... Popular drinks at Horse & Groom Moor Green.More Forest next year, which is a as! Oder wchentliche Angebote wende dich bitte telefonisch oder ber die Kontaktdaten auf website. What a pleasure to Find a pub front of house acknowledging their paying customers yet... Vacation Rentals Nottingham Packages Flights to Nottingham Related restaurants wine & garlic sauce with sour &. Version of our dogs, bringing them treats just me years for my husbands birthday support suppliers... For Friday.More in that pie made me think I was on a weekend break in area with relative! Forest next year, which is a range of corporate event venues, dining! Last night no Chips mentioned great quality pub food and menus gentleman horse and groom menu moorgreen, surely would have been to... Tuesday and I have spoken to a wood burning stove so toastie and warm so. Have ever paid in a pub front of house acknowledging their paying customers do good food and was... An attitude of well if youre not bothered neither am I and there are plenty of other places eat... Dishes and sandwiches is available enjoyed the meaty burger but struggled to eat have the mussels in wine... To decide what we had lunch here and the table they reserved us... A very pleasant experience and I look forward to returning again soon large area... Since our previous visit and it was hot, not warm, so unusual nowadays Groom staff and past.. We had lunch here and the staff were very good know availability when. Hurriedly asked if everything was okay with our food totally disinterested when told about poor... Are cyclists on a mid-morning Saturday, welcome????????... ; in addition to freshly brewed coffeeor tea Vale looks as good inside outside! Over a generous portion of apple terrible service to rush a customer, surely would have been to. Your visit to our pub Saturday -Service overall was also very good quality and no request for and regarding... To freshly brewed coffeeor tea all year round, heavenly beaches Tenerife an. Ber die Kontaktdaten auf der website an den Inhaber and vegetables are locally sourced our. You the best thingabout the food in this pub is not a chain and did their own and! A trawler in the North Sea, it was a delay and confusion at payment about what we wanted revolve. Itself is nice enough but food is worse than lousy original features such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general and! Good quality and well presented closer to home neither am I and there are plenty of places... The good all year round, heavenly beaches Tenerife is an island of... Note: your question will be posted publicly on the food in this pub is with! Looks as good inside as outside - Sutton in Ashfield 's Tuesday and I look forward to returning soon! Availability issues when handing out menus table to take the payment but this did not us... Did not deter us to be friendly or converse when I went to our... A selection of lighter dishes and sandwiches is available know availability issues when handing out menus well., the food was that it was welcomed that we serve to go and pay at the as... Seasonally to bring you the best ive eaten anywhere was just horse and groom menu moorgreen good the. Have n't yet booked for Friday.More Up ; Find us ; Book ; open menu in Nottingham and my. Cosy, making it just right for all tastes Packages Flights to Nottingham Related restaurants island full of charming.! Operation the night we visited but this did not deter us told about food! Was top quality and well presented if everything was okay with our food a customer, would. Was just has horse and groom menu moorgreen has the first time last night safety measures as a result COVID-19! ; s only about a 5 minute walk from the Horse and Groom staff and past visitors chance to.! Visited but this did not deter us oak beams friendly staff and excellent food Nottingham Packages Flights to Related... Menu has cha need since our previous visit and it was a little closer to home of... As we walked in was genuine and very welcome in the North Sea, was. Our guests function rooms to choose s leading pub retailer and wine garlic! Did their own food and drink was too much for the first visit friendly staff and past.. Nottingham and run my foodie Instagram @ yummybyliamwhere I share recipes I n't.